Our Wildlife Needs YOU
Work with a visiting director, writer, and teacher to devise and perform a piece of drama that will save the world – starting with the wildlife on your doorstep.
Come along and take part in our Drama Workshop, or if acting isn’t your thing, come and see the performance at 3.15pm. Or perhaps you’d like to help with setting up the show? No prior acting experience is necessary, but we actively welcome those from youth drama groups.
The event is free and accessible.
The event will be held in the Large Hall of the Orchard Park Community Centre, Central Avenue, CB4 2EZ. There are parking bays at the Community Centre, or otherwise in residential streets nearby. The Guided Busway stop at Orchard Park West is just a couple of minutes walk away, currently the A and D services are running through Orchard Park (not the usual B due to A14 road works).
- Please book your spot via: firstname.lastname@example.org – some drop ins available (or call 07902 454367 for info)
- Suitable for ages 10 and upwards
- Bring lunch and a drink
- There’ll be free hot drinks for adults, and there are shops nearby for snacks
- Children aged under 12 will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult
- There will be a performance of the piece at the end of the workshop which will be filmed and edited for inclusion on our website
- All performers will be required to sign a release form
- The performance will be open to the public to watch around 3.15pm
- Please bring a plain black t-shirt/top for the performance
Orchard Park Wildlife Project invites you to join us over the summer holidays for our creatively themed wildlife activities. We’re arranging three – FREE, fun, family friendly, informative events – that we hope will appeal widely. We’ve raised funds to hire professional artists for these events.
We appreciate the generous funding from Education Services 2010 that has made this event possible. We also thank Orchard Park Community Council for their help in setting up and advertising the event.